Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Jeans ----> Skirt

My daughter had a super cute jean skirt when she was one. I loved it! It was the cutest thing. Now she didnt have any, but she did have quite a few pairs of jeans that she didnt wear because they sat funny. This pair was one of them. When she wore these they were to short, and pukered funny at the waist. 

What I did was put them on her and made a  mark of how far down her thigh I wanted the shirt to go. Since I was adding a ruffle to the bottom I cut about and 1"-2" above that mark. The legs of the jeans I cut off I used to make the ruffle. Since they sat funny at the waist, I added pleats to tighten them up to not pucker out funny. In the end I am pleased with the finished product. I will give it another go and see if I can improve on it yet. The ruffle didnt work out the way I would have liked. 

I will get a photo of her modeling it yet. It was 11:30 when I finished it so she was in bed :) 

Sorry in advance this photo is really bad! This is a leather Cozy Toe shoe. I will be doing many more shoes in leather as I make my collection bigger. This is a glimps of whats to come. This pair is $20 and fits newborn - to 4 months

No comments:

Post a Comment